15:5 Canoe Trip
July 7, 2018
9:45am – 4:00pmCategory: 15:5 Student Ministry
- Meet at the Conroy's house between 9:45 and 10 am (please be on time). Drivers please park along the driveway but don't block it.
- Half the group will be departing from the Conroy's as soon as we can get them outfitted. The other half will shuttle about a half mile down river to the covered bridge where we will meet with the rental canoes at 10:45. We will need several of the adults who are participating in canoeing to help shuttle people to the covered bridge.
- The first and second groups will meet at the covered bridge at 11 and head down river together to the Little Miami Canoe Outfitters site (approx. 6 miles).
- We will stop along the way a couple of times to swim, wade in the river, use the rope swing, etc.--participants might want to wear old tennis shoes or snug water shoes to protect their feet (flip-flops are not recommended).
- We will shuttle everyone back to the Conroy's house, arriving some time around 2:30 pm. Participants should bring towels, which will be brought to the exit point.
- After canoeing, we will have a BBQ at the Conroy's house. Everyone is asked to bring a side or dessert to share and a 2 liter drink. We will be finished by 4 pm although everyone is welcome to stay as late as they wish.
- Parents who are not canoeing are welcome for the BBQ, but please let Lynn Conroy know if you are coming so we can have enough food.
Everyone should bring the following: $10 cash for canoe rental, bathing suit or appropriate river wear (it is likely you will get wet), a change of clothes, old tennis shoes that you can wear on the river, a towel, water bottle, sunscreen, hat, side dish or dessert to share AND 2 liter drink.
For questions please contact Richard Kensinger