Keeping Our Path Pure
Topic: Psalms Scripture: Psalm 119:9–119:16
“How can a young man keep his way pure? By guarding it according to your word. With my whole heart I seek you; let me not wander from your commandments! I have stored up your word in my heart, that I might not sin against you. Blessed are you, O LORD; teach me your statutes! With my lips I declare all the rules of your mouth. In the way of your testimonies I delight as much as in all riches. I will meditate on your precepts and fix my eyes on your ways. I will delight in your statutes; I will not forget your word.” (Psalms 119:9–16 ESV)
We keep the way of our life pure through the consistent use of God’s Word.
- We Consistently Guard our Way by Using God’s word to first SEEK GOD (v.10)
- We Consistently Guard our Way by TREASURING God’s Word (v. 11)
- We Consistently Guard our Way by Being TEACHABLE when reading God’s Word (v. 12)
- We Consistently Guard our Way by SPEAKING about God’s Word (v. 13)
- We Consistently Guard our Way by Cultivating CONTENTMENT with God’s Word (v. 14)
- We Consistently Guard our Way by MEDITATING on God’s Word (v. 15)
- We Consistently Guard our Way by Committing to DELIGHT in (and not neglect) God’s Word (v. 16)
...the Bible must be your chart, and you must exercise great watchfulness that your way may be according to its directions. You must take heed to your daily life as well as study your Bible, and you must study your Bible that you may take heed to your daily life. With the greatest care a man will go astray if his map misleads him; but with the most accurate map he will still lose his road if he does not take heed to it. - C.H. Spurgeon
More in Miscellanies
October 29, 20172 Timothy 3:14-17 | Ecclesia Reformata, Semper Reformanda
October 15, 20171 Peter 2:1-12 | God's Vision for the Church
September 10, 2017Matthew 13:44-46 | Vital Considerations: Do You Know Him?